Skip to main content


Brief Overview of History of the School

  • School opened April, 1957 in Beaconsfield Ave, Midvale, due to enthusiasm of the Franciscan Fathers.
  • Staffed by the Daughters of Charity with 30-50 children
  • Sr Xavier was the first headmistress
  • 1966 St Anthony’s first open day
  • 1967 The first lay teachers were appointed
  • 1968 Daughters of Charity had to withdraw from school and St Anthony’s was forced to close.
  • 1969 School closed
  • 1970 St Anthony’s reopened with the Sister of St Joseph, Sr Stephanie first principal.
  • 1972 Approximately 150 children
  • 1977 Enough children for 7 straight grades
  • 1982 School logo was designed.
  • 1983 First lay Principal, Mr. Terry Palmer, appointed. First Pre-primary class commenced in Church Hall.
  • 1984 Last Josephite, Sr Philomena, left school.
  • 1986 School Board starts to plan relocation.
  • 1988 Years 1 & 2 classrooms were built on new site.
  • 1989 School oval constructed through the efforts of parents working on weekends.
  • 1990 Whole school operating in Greenmount.
  • 1997 First Kindy classes commence in Church Hall.
  • 2010 BER Project enabled transportable buildings to be sold and moved to be replaced with “state of the art” School Assembly Hall, T Room, Music Room, 3 Individual Music Teaching Rooms, Sports Room, Uniform Shop, Canteen and Multi-purpose Room/”Out of School Care” Room at a cost of $3.1 million
  • 2013 3 Year Olds commenced.
  • 2014 Renovation/upgrade of the school library to Learning Resource Centre
  • 2015 Development of a Music Garden and outdoor chess/draughts
  • 2016 Upgrade to Early Childhood outdoor facilities
  • 2017 Adventure Playground was installed
  • 2018 School Carpark was renovated and upgraded
  • 2022 Administration Building was demolished and rebuilt